I haven’t been writing here much lately, but that’s just because I’ve been busy with lots of other projects that involve writing and reading.
- I’m doing a lot of blogging for The Hub, which is where more general book posts are going as far as recommendations and booklists, rather than here, which I’m reserving for more deep critique or personal thoughts on books.
- I’ve been asked to write a book chapter on developing multicultural collections for school libraries! So that’s in the works. I’m very excited to have the chance to do some scholarly work again.
- I will be reviewing books for the Horn Book Magazine!
- I am helping We Need Diverse Books with a Cool Thing! I will tell you more about it when I am able to.
- I am also working on two secret undercover awesome new blog projects in conjunction with other super awesome cool people, so stay tuned!
- I am working on my novel(s). My writing group and I devised a system where we get punished if we don’t live up to our goals. For me, it started as 90 minutes of novel work a week. I failed. So now it’s 60 minutes novel, 60 minutes blog/book chapter. When I don’t live up to the goal, I owe everyone in the group lattes or breakfast. So far, so good with this new goal! Since we started this on February 8, I have written 4299 words of fiction, which is more efficient than I have been in a very long time. I also re-outlined the whole novel, as I am now about halfway through, so that the second half would go where the first half seems to be directing it, since the original outline was no longer totally true.
- I am taking a screenwriting class! I am learning a whole bunch and really enjoying myself and will have written at least Act I (that’s all that’s assigned, but I hope to go beyond that) by the end of May.
So please keep checking back here, as I want to write as much as possible, but also look for me in other cool places, because I like being everywhere.