No longer being updated. Please check my clips at shgmclicious.com
Me on the Interwebs and in print:
- June 9, 2015: Kate Hart bestowed upon me the huge honor of being named a Badass Lady You Should Know!
- June 1, 2015: A collaborative blog project, Size Acceptance in YA, launched on this day. My cofounders are Kelly Jensen, Faythe Arredondo, and Angie Manfredi.
- May 2015: I am no longer writing regular posts for The Hub, but I am still compiling Tweets of the Week, and you can still read all of my past posts here.
- Spring 2015-onward: Book reviews in The Horn Book Magazine. Links to come after embargoes.
- May 21, 2015: I was part of a group chat for Disability in Kidlit’s month focusing on depictions of mental illness in YA.
- May 2015: The first We Need Diverse Books booktalking kit dropped! I worked on this collaboratively with other amazing people. Wish I could take credit for the beautiful design, but I can take credit for a lot of the copy. You can download your own copy if you didn’t get one through the ABA white boxes or at ALA. And here is the press release.
- Winter 2014: Review of Global Voices for Reference and User Services Quarterly
- June 19, 2014: Review of I Lived on Butterfly Hill for Latin@s in Kidlit
- May 7, 2014: “Where are the people of color in dystopias?” on Lee & Low’s The Open Book
- March 20, 2014: Reviewed Death, Dickinson, and the Demented life of Frenchie Garcia for Forever Young Adult.
- Alongside Malinda Lo, Cindy Pon, and some fantabulous fellow librarians, I did some research on diversity in the ALA Best Fiction for Young Adults lists from the past few years. Malinda did a writeup here.
- July 19, 2013: Wrote an essay for Forever Young Adult.
- Diversity in YA asked me to make a list of novels about biracial teens.
- 2013: I started writing about books and all things YA literary for the other YALSA blog, the Hub.
- April 22, 2013: My first peer-reviewed article was published! It’s called “This, That, Both, Neither: The Badging of Biracial Identity in Young Adult Realism.” It later won an award for YALSA’s best peer-reviewed paper of the year.
- January 23, 2012: My short story “Olivia” was published in the first issue of Sucker literary magazine, featuring new voices of YA lit.
- 2011-2013: I am blogging once or twice monthly for the Young Adult Library Services Association Blog on research and other topics.
- August 21, 2011: “The first time I knew I was black” published on BRICKrhetoric.
- July 11, 2011: Swirl republished my blog post on biracial literature. Read it here.
- Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA) magazine (one personal essay, one article)
- The Arizona Jewish Post (two personal essays, one news article)
- BookReporter.com (multiple book reviews)
- PLAYS magazine (one curtain-opener)
- TeenReads.com (multiple book reviews)
- KidsReads.com (multiple book reviews)
(Please do read this before you read any of my old book reviews.)